The Windows Server Engineer provides infrastructure support for the Microsoft Server Operating System environment covering multiple geographic locations. The Engineer implements and supports secure, stable, and robust Windows Server infrastructures. Handling multiple assignments in a competitive way, leveraging experience and skill in handling complex assignments, and coordinating tasks among a small team is commonplace.
Key responsibilities include:
• Implement Windows infrastructure solutions.
• Execute the day to day system administration on Windows environments: 2008 R2, 2012 R2, 2016 including performance tuning.
• Ensures new technology initiatives are stable and readily maintained.
• Provide extensive troubleshooting in the installation and configuration of Windows Server; diagnose issues (defects, errors, inconsistencies in system function, outputs, etc.) and perform root cause analyses
• Re-mediate issues through controlled and organized incident management processes
• Develop partnerships and collaborate with key support, architecture, engineering, and security teams
• Provide internal team support, guidance, and mentor-ship with the engineering and support of Windows solutions to include Windows Server, key Windows functions such as DNS, DHCP, Cluster, DFSR, DFSN etc., Exchange, Skype for Business, SQL Server, SCCM
• Provide internal team support, guidance, and mentorship with the engineering and support of Third Party solutions such as Citrix XenApp, Symantec Endpoint Protection
• Analyzes performance of the environment and provide recommendations for improvement.
• Additionally, this position can require shift work and out of hours system patching and emergency standby support
• Good Knowledge of automation techniques using orchestration and scripting, f.i. PowerShell
• 8+ years of in-depth Windows Server knowledge in design and support of systems that support 5,000+ users on Windows Server 2008\2012\2016
• Extensive knowledge of computer/network systems infrastructure requirements and standards, standard change control processes within large-to-enterprise size corporations
• Experience with virtualization technologies, both server (VMware ESXi, Hyper V) and application (Citrix XenApp)
• Excellent understanding and knowledge of Active Directory and Group Policies
• In-depth knowledge of file servers utilizing storage at scale to include disaster recovery capabilities, and DFS namespaces, configured for high availability.
• Proven ability to work effectively in a team setting as well as independently with minimal error and guidance
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of associates in the organization
• Excellent interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
The following skills and experience will set you apart from others:
• A bachelor's degree is preferred; preferred field of study in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or other IT-related area, Business or related
• One or more of the following certifications is strongly preferred: MCP in Windows Server, MCSE
• Scripting knowledge (VBScript, Command Line, PowerShell)
• Windows Server - Windows 2008 \ R2, Windows 2012 \ R2 and Windows 2016 Server OS
• Knowledge of ITIL best practices and use or issue / problem tracking system
• Fluent business (spoken / writing) English, as communication and documentation is done in English.